Today's Man Alive podcast guest, William Matthews, is the
author of three books, including Financial Lessons Learned
From My Broke @$$ Friends. He brings lightness, humor and
practicality to the financial domain, to help you make smart
decisions with your money.
It's important to be current with yourself about how you're doing
with money these days. Are you making as much as you need? Are you
saving for your future? Do you have a clear sense of a financial
plan in the short and long term?
Money is one of the greatest causes of stress people face. It's
stressful on its own and then navigating it with a romantic, or
business, partner magnifies that stress.
Having clarity and plans with your finances reduces stress and
allows you to strategize and navigate out of financial hardship.
But most of us never learned how to create this clarity! Most
education, at least in the U.S., does not include financial
In our Man Alive conversation we
- Common financial pitfalls and how to avoid them
- How to set yourself up for a more secure financial future
- Tips to save and be more conscious about how you spend your
- Options for borrowing money when you don't have it on
- Why you may not want to close your credit card and other tips
for managing debt
Connect with Shana James
Curious what you’d need to become a better leader and
lover? Take the quiz